The Establishment of the Symbol Mark
- The Green Color
- The Red Color
- The Gold Color
The oval figure and the soaring mountain configures ‘ㅇ’ and ‘ㅅ’ in the word ‘Uiseong’, which represents the future-oriented inspiration of leading the province of North Gyeong-sang as the best Uiseong and leading Uiseong, being the center of it in the 21st century, unified with the potency of the Uiseong county and the spirit of one-fortress-one-peace.
Configuring the ‘ㅇ’ in ‘Uiseong’, the oval symbolizes the broad range of the region and the generous and considerate hearts of the people in Uiseong.
The Projection in the Center
Configuring the ‘ㅅ’ in ‘Uiseong’, the 『Good place to live, Uiseong』 of the 21st century represents the door of the new millennium and the future-oriented inspiration of rising as the center of North Gyeongsang province,
The Green Color
Representing agriculture as a vital industry, the green color stands for clean Uiseong.
The Red Color
Signifying the regional specialty products such as apples and peppers, the color red symbolizes the passion of the citizens in their response to the demanding county of Uiseong.
The Gold Color
The gold symbolizes the golden farming fields.
The Town Mascot: Uidong
- The Uiseong-gun mascot features the province’s specialty product, Garlic, which expresses the challenge to the future and progressive spirit, meaning strength of the town and implying its strong Uiseong-gun full of suggestions for the challenge and pioneering spirit of Uiseong-gun, achieving prominence as the center of Gyeongbuk Province.
- It is the character which symbolizes Uiseong-gun with an act of kindness and thorough a service spirit.
The Five Righteous Brothers
The County Flower, Tree, and Bird
The County Flower: Cornelian cherry flower (Sansuyu)
The yellow Cornelian cherry flower means 'immortal love' and symbolizes love for the region and kindness of the county residents.
Tree of the Town: Zelkova Acuminata
Zelkova Acuminata is a gigantic tree that has longevity and great fertility which symbolizes the traditions and prosperity of the citizens.
The County Bird: Common Heron
The Common Heron is an elegant and serene bird, and it symbolizes wealth, which represents Uiseong.
Meaning genuine agricultural products, true agricultural products, without falsehood, reliable and high quality agricultural products
- 'ㅇ' : The warm sun shining on Uiseong
- 'ㅡ' : Uiseong's fertile soil
- 'ㅅ' : The geographical characteristics of Uiseong located between Mt. Taebaek-san range and Nakdong-gang River, and the environmental characteristic symbol of Uiseong agricultural products which are grown with fertile soil and clear water in a clean nature.